× Members

just recieved the dreaded PIP form

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #210464 by David
Replied by David on topic just recieved the dreaded PIP form
When you do attend the assessment you may take a companion for support.

Make no special effort, be yourself

Take your medication as prescribed

Most people with long term conditions have learned to manage and conceal their condition. On the day you must become "disabled" for the assessor to see the real you, otherwise an incorrect assessment is likely.
I am in no way suggesting that anyone should put on an act and pretend to be worse than they are, many people are already stressed, but at the same time it will not help if the claimant " Puts on a brave face" as my gran used to say
The assessor will be observing everything you do from the start, how you sit, stand, walk, handle items such as bags and coats.

Don't expect them to answer many questions, they have an agenda and will want to stick to it.

If you have a companion they can take notes.

After the assessment you should ring the DWP and ask for a copy of the report, but wait for 3-4 days for them to receive it. Do not be fobbed off, you are entitled to it no matter what the phone jockey tells you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #210537 by charmedone
Replied by charmedone on topic just recieved the dreaded PIP form
Thankyou David I feel like I am on trial for my life The assessment is Monday then on Wednesday I have to go into hospital for an operation you can imagine how stressed I am I have heard so many horror stories, I am tempted to not pursue it. As I don't suffer fool lightly and I cant bear the thought of being patronised I am disabled thru Servo positive RA and Osteo Arthritis plus other things but there is nothing wrong with my brain wish me luck I will need it
Lindy

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #210553 by David
Replied by David on topic just recieved the dreaded PIP form
Hi lindy honey
I wish you the best of luck for Wednesday
Monday you can only do your best, be true to yourself, not all assessors are demons
The following user(s) said Thank You: charmedone

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.