× Members

Does the PIP assessment over ride the form

More
6 years 2 months ago #210064 by nicmcc
I'm changing over from DLA to (hopefully) PIP.
Today I had a home assessment and even though the assessor seemed nice, due to my anxiety ( I have severe generlised anxiety disorder, inc OCD, social anxiety and depression) as well as physical issues, i'm worried I've forgotten to mention things in the assessment that I have put on the form. For example: with regards to eating, I told him I need encouraging to eat and have low appetite, my partner cuts my food & I suffer nausea He asked me if I was hungry what would I do, I said ask my partner, I forgot to say that due to pain I will sometimes not eat even though I may be hungry - I have put this on the form though.
And there is a few other things I feel I should have qualified, do they take both the form and assessment into account, or if something is not mentioned in both is it disregarded?. I struggled a lot because I was told about "we'll come to that bit later" then i'm not sure if it was said again. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210073 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Does the PIP assessment over ride the form
Nic

The Decision should be made based on you claim form, any evidence attached, the assessment report and any information that was sourced as part of the assessment, although the latter only rarely exists.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicmcc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.