× Members

Dla to Pip 0 Points

More
6 years 2 months ago #210393 by Walky332000
Replied by Walky332000 on topic Dla to Pip 0 Points
Yeah i could get a letter confirming this easily enough. Reading online, it says anxiety disorders are not a cognitive impairment so i dont know what they are trying to pull by saying " He has no cognitive impairment diagnosed " as a reason for giving me 0 points on every question. Is it something you have heard from before Gordon or any other member challenged this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210398 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla to Pip 0 Points

Mranxiety wrote: Yeah i could get a letter confirming this easily enough. Reading online, it says anxiety disorders are not a cognitive impairment so i dont know what they are trying to pull by saying " He has no cognitive impairment diagnosed " as a reason for giving me 0 points on every question. Is it something you have heard from before Gordon or any other member challenged this?

Cognitive impairment would be relevant to some of the PIP activities, a good example would be Making Decisions about Money, so I'm not surprised to see it on the report, however if you are not claiming an impairment it does seem to be overkill to have mentioned it on every activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #211090 by Walky332000
Replied by Walky332000 on topic Dla to Pip 0 Points
Hi Gordon,

So i was at my doctors trying to get more evidence. When i requested all information used on how i was refused PIP, i presumed if they had sent anything to my GP then this would have been sent out with it. When it was not, i just thought that the DWP had not contacted my GP. Turns out they did send them a GP factual report. I got a copy of it and i am not happy about it. It was filled out by a doctor i have never seen before. I think she is a stand in or something. Apart from putting my issues and medication on it, everything else just says unknown. No wonder i got 0 points. My practice works like you have to phone at 8am that day and you take whatever doctor that is available. People get around 5 or 10 mins with their doctors each appointment so how they are supposed to know things like the patients day to day life i will never know. How do i go about challenging this report?

More
6 years 2 months ago #211114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla to Pip 0 Points
Mranxiety

So the GPFR will have been written from your records at the surgery and from what you say you do not see any particular doctor on a regular basis, so is anybody at the Practice in a position to provide a more accurate report?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.