× Members

Confused about ESA disability premiums

More
6 years 2 months ago #210692 by nick h.
I can't find a download which explains this subject. Apologies if I haven't looked properly.

I've just got my PIP award letter which says that (following my successful appeal) I'm getting Enhanced Daily Living and Enhanced Mobility, backdated to May 2017. It says I may be entitled to extra ESA but I should contact the office which issues it to find out. I had assumed it would be calculated and paid automatically. Prior to the appeal I was on Standard Daily Living and I'd like to check whether I was getting the ESA I was entitled to. I've been getting £376 twice a month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210697 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused about ESA disability premiums
Nick

I assume you are in the Support Group and have no partner

So you current ESA payment every two weeks is £188 and is comprised of the following

- Personal Allowance (£73.10)
- Support Group (£36.55)
- Enhanced Disability Premium for being in the SG, appears as Disability Income Guarantee on your ESA Entitlement letters (£15.90)
- Severe Disability Premium appears as Because you are severely Disabled (£62.45)

See also

ESA Premiums

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nick h.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210792 by nick h.
Replied by nick h. on topic Confused about ESA disability premiums
Thanks again Gordon. Seems that I'm already getting everything that I could possibly ask for!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris