× Members

Worried if I get assessment date letter too late

More
6 years 5 months ago #211051 by Lady_in_bed
I had a letter from Capita saying they had received my form and they would inform me if I needed an assessment and I know it can take a few weeks but after reading of people getting letters after their assessment date or very late I am worried in case I don't receive a letter if it gets lost in the post or I get the letter too late. I phoned the progress line to ask about the status of my claim and they just confirmed they had received the form and suggested I phone Capita.
I'm a bit nervous about contacting Capita but is this the only way I will be able to find out? Don't the progress line see the information about assessment dates on their system?
I need to have a home assessment so want to have a chance to sort this out once they decide if I need one or not and I'm constantly worried in case an assessor turns up without me knowing beforehand if I don't get a letter of an assessment date in time. I don't want to phone Capita but do I have to or is there any other way?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211063 by Gordon
LiB

The DWP are not involved in the assessment process other then initiating a review and receiving the assessors report back.

I'm afraid there is no alternative to you contacting Capita if you want to know what is happening in regard to an assessment.

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lady_in_bed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.