× Members

PIP query

More
5 years 7 months ago #217162 by Merlot57
Replied by Merlot57 on topic PIP query
Hi Gordon
I asked the question above because I have a PIP document dated 19 February 2016 that states.

Please keep this letter safe as its proof of your entitlement to benefit.
The rates of benefit have been reviewed and these will take effect from 11 April 2016.
What this means to you
You're entitled to the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment at the Enhanced rate from 27 May 2014 to 9 April 2019 (both dates included)
You're entitled to the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment at the Enhanced rate from 27 May 2014 to 9 April 2019 (both dates included)

Is your answer still the same?

Regards
Julie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217169 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP query
Julie

A reassessment results in a new Decision, a new Decision will always supersede any previous one, whatever that Decision actually is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merlot57

More
5 years 7 months ago #217206 by Merlot57
Hi Gordon
Your information has been really helpful thank-you.
I'm know wondering which route to take 1 or 2

1. My assessment report has so many inaccuracies and wrong assumptions that in order to get a fair decision I'm going to have to practically rewrite it.
All I can say is she states that she lives with her husband and 28yr old son and has a cat are correct.
I'm starting to wonder if indeed the HP was in the same assessment as me.
He did tell me he had only been on the job for three weeks and so they weren't giving him many cases. I can understand why.
OR
2. Ask for an MR and send in letter form similar to your PIP appeals sample stating HP assumptions, inaccurate information that wasn't given at time of assessment, Not asked about pain levels , Failed to record pertinent information which has misled the decision maker, I believe I should have been awarded etc. and leave the rewrite for my appeal.
Regards
Julie

More
5 years 7 months ago #217231 by Gordon
Julie

There is some delay in the Decision process at the moment due to Summer holidays, so there is an opportunity for you to comment on the assessment report if you are quick.

Stick to issues that are related to your scoring points and try an make your arguments by reference back to your form and particularly your evidence. You may not be able to avoid it but try and stay away from the assessor's opinions and only deal with the facts of the assessment. Don't raise issues such as the assessor's spelling all you are doing is diluting your own message.

Or, you can wait for a Decision and perform a similar exercise with more focus on the areas that you expected to score for,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Merlot57

More
5 years 7 months ago #217293 by Merlot57
Hi Gordon
I'm going with commenting on the assessment report before I get the decision. Do I still address it
1. Mandatory Recommendation Request
or
2. Something along the lines of having read the requested copy of the HP's report I feel that etc.

If I do option 2. will I still have to do option 1. at a later date?

Julie

More
5 years 7 months ago #217302 by Gordon
Julie

I would go with (2).

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.