× Members

Pip assessors report received today

More
5 years 6 months ago #218982 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Pip assessors report received today
Hi there,

As you will know, Gordon, I am waiting for a decision on my Mandatory Reconsideration. As I've explained in[size previous posts, I don't think I could have done any better in sending lots of new evidence (letter from Doctor, Carer etc and arguing my case against the assessment report).

I was so thorough, it took ages usiing the guides on here.

Just one thing that's alarmed me a bit is this which was in one of your posts to another member. 'Decision Makers have no medical training and are therefore reluctant to override the assessor'.

Does this mean that my MR is most likely to be turned down anyway or could the extra info I've sent sway the DM?

Excuse me for getting a bit panicky but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #218987 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessors report received today
Phrank

Revisions rates at MR are low but they do happen.

If I have the correct post, my comment was in regard to award lengths which is very much a medical decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #218990 by phrank
Thanks, Gordon.

Yes I think the post I refferred to was re award lengths, so I guess my post is slightly redundant but a helpful answer nontheless.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219003 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessors report received today
Phrank

Your question was perfectly reasonable :)

The DMs lack of medical knowledge is always going to be an issue for PIP and ESA but some things require it more than others, comparing a claimant saying that they can't do something because of abc and the assessor saying that they can because of xyz is always going to be easier than deciding the award length when you may not even recognise the condition let alone understand how it might change with time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #219028 by phrank
Once again, thanks for your reply, Gordon.

That gives me a little more confidence as for the reason I am going through the appeal process.

I honestly think that a very high proportion of claims that are denied are done so knowing that the majority of claimants just 'let it drop', so to speak.

This happened to my brother who has similar health issues as me, when I asked him why he didn't appeal he said 'what's the point?'

So going from that, the chances of success in appealing surely gives you a greater chance IF (a very big if) you can provide a compelling argument
against what the assessor reported and so swing the odds in your favour.

Together with more forceful medical evidence has to give you a reasonable chance of success at the the MR stage.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219076 by phrank
Hi there, Gordon.

Have just noticed something on my previuos assessment to the last one that I had in June this year. The report is dated 1/04/16, so well over two years ago.

Towards the end of the report, where the assessor recommends when the next review should be, he put 2 years.

Then he writes: 'His arthritis is a degenerative condition which might be expected to change within this period of time'.

Obviously degenerative is the key word here indicating that it can only get worse.

My question is this: would it be worth me sending a copy of this to strengthen my MR appeal?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.