× Members

Pip assessors report received today

More
5 years 7 months ago #217415 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Pip assessors report received today
Hi Alison,

So well done for that. It just goes to show how persistance pays off.

I suppose I'm still hoping deep down that it might get sorted at MR stage, but realistically am more than half expecting a tribunal hearing.

We will see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217631 by phrank
Got my letter from my GP today.

It is very supportive and echoes the problems I have with daily activities because of both my mental and phsical health.

Just wondered if such a supportive letter might just help to win a MR?

More
5 years 7 months ago #217633 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessors report received today
Phrank

Decisions are revised at the MR stage, we see this happen most often when;

- where the assessment report is shown to be fundamentally flawed, this is not where there is disagreement over the content but is as significant as the assessor not realising that the claimant only had one biological leg.

- the claimant is able to show that the assessor lacks a proper medical background in the claimant's conditions and that their opinions are as a result seriously flawed.

- the claimant is able to provide additional medical evidence supporting the limitations documented in their claim form

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #217641 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Pip assessors report received today
Just to say I hope you appeal this if they don;t change things at MR. Really the Appeals are not scary, and look at it all afresh. Kind thoughts.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217643 by phrank
Thanks for your reply, Gordon.

Well on the second point, the assessor seemed totally oblivious to my mental health problems not listing the medication I m taking.

In short, I am taking 3 different types of medictaion, Mirtazapine 45 mg daily, which is the highest possible dosage, 2mg of diazepam daily and 2 x buspirone 5mg three times daily. The buspirone gives me noticable side effects for a while so don't go out or do anything
till the 'drunkenness' wears off.

In short: my GP has said the anxiety is so severe the medication can't really be increased anymore.

She reported that I manage my condition well even though I was a wreck and biting my fingers so badly they were bleeding throughout which she reports as 'self' biting, so it was noticed.

On the second note, my doctor has listed my problems ie. that my concentration is so bad I don't even cook, that I never go out alone and that my mobility is so bad it is clearly noticable when I visit the surgery.

So I might have a slight chance of the MR if all this is read properly?

More
5 years 7 months ago #217664 by phrank

Orangeblossom wrote: Just to say I hope you appeal this if they don;t change things at MR. Really the Appeals are not scary, and look at it all afresh. Kind thoughts.

Thank Orangeblossom. Yes, I will appeal if MR doesn't work out. It's become more of a revenge thing now as I feel I was treated really unfairly at the original assessment.

Probably wrong way to think, but it really didnget my back up.

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.