× Members

G.P letter for appeal

More
5 years 11 months ago #215451 by ejay1001
G.P letter for appeal was created by ejay1001
I was hoping for some advice please. My wife was transferred from DLA to PiP and although she was awarded Higher Care she was only awarded Lower mobility, the reasons they gave for awarding the lower points were very vague and although i keep applying for the assessors report and have requested it 4 times since her assessment on 17th April I still have not received it to date. I put in a M.R. on the points i did not agree with and they have refused the M.R. I am now considering appealing the award and i have an appointment to see our G.P. so my question is What do i need to ask the G.P to write in the letter, should it just cover the mobility descriptors or the whole award? She refuses to see anyone else due to her mental health issues so we have no further evidence to support the claim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #215460 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic G.P letter for appeal
Ejay

As you will only be appealing the Mobility component I would keep it simple and ask the GP to just comment on this, make sure that you and the GP understand the criteria for a PIP Enhanced Mobility award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejay1001

More
5 years 11 months ago #215464 by ejay1001
Replied by ejay1001 on topic G.P letter for appeal
Thank you Gordon I will check the guides and the form we filled in before i see him.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.