× Members

IB to ESA Contribution bases in 2014

More
6 years 1 month ago #217576 by Ditzee
IB to ESA Contribution bases in 2014 was created by Ditzee
My husband was transferred from IB to ESA in February 2014 and prior to that he was living alone and claiming incapacity benefit from 2009. Would he have qualified for the IB to ESA CB underpayments which I have read about on the forum?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #217580 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA Contribution bases in 2014

Ditzee wrote: My husband was transferred from IB to ESA in February 2014 and prior to that he was living alone and claiming incapacity benefit from 2009. Would he have qualified for the IB to ESA CB underpayments which I have read about on the forum?

It's impossible to say but it is not his situation prior to being transferred that is being looked at but his circumstances since he received ESA.

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #217581 by Ditzee
Replied by Ditzee on topic IB to ESA Contribution bases in 2014
His situation remained unchanged until this month ie he was unfit for work, he lived alone, no savings, no assets, only other income he had was his £69 Industrial Injuries Benefit

More
6 years 1 month ago #217582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA Contribution bases in 2014

Ditzee wrote: His situation remained unchanged until this month ie he was unfit for work, he lived alone, no savings, no assets, only other income he had was his £69 Industrial Injuries Benefit

He may but the IIDB will be treated as income and may prevent payment of any ESA(IR), they are reviewing 70,000 claims so it may be some time before his is looked at.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ditzee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.