× Members

Ongoing award

More
5 years 7 months ago #218163 by maria
Replied by maria on topic Ongoing award
Yes the 12 Sept is 4 weeks to 10 Oct but first payment is not till 5th November. I would expect it to be earlier than that unless i am also wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #218167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Ongoing award

maria wrote: Yes the 12 Sept is 4 weeks to 10 Oct but first payment is not till 5th November. I would expect it to be earlier than that unless i am also wrong?

This was a DLA to PIP transfer so your DLA remain in payment for a further four weeks after the PIP Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #218173 by maria
Its all so complicated and not transparent at all. Who on earth decides on these rule and what are they based on. Does someone just make them up?. I am sure they must just to confuse us all even more.

More
5 years 7 months ago #218183 by Gordon

maria wrote: Its all so complicated and not transparent at all. Who on earth decides on these rule and what are they based on. Does someone just make them up?. I am sure they must just to confuse us all even more.

They are defined in the legislation covering the DLA to PIP transfers.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #218205 by maria
I have looked at these guidelines but i am more confused than ever with all the legal jargon so i will accept that you know more than me and just accept what you have told me. Thankyou once again for all your help.

More
5 years 7 months ago #218214 by Gordon
Maria

You need to wait until you have had your first full PIP payment, the first may only be a part payment as PIP is paid on a different day from DLA.

Once you have you can then check that you have the right money, so look at

- your last full DLA payment
- your last DLA payment
- your first PIP payment
- your first full PIP payment.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.