× Members

Blue Badge review done or not?

More
5 years 11 months ago #218683 by raindaisy
Blue Badge review done or not? was created by raindaisy
Hi , Ive had a blue badge since 2016, i got 8 points on the mobility descriptor. My reveiw date is July 2019. But got a review form in July 2018, completed sent it off, no change .
I needed an up to date statement of entitlement as my Blue Badge expired on 30/09/2018.
I rang DWP for a copy of the 2016 decision . I prompted told I was "under review"
I said "Yes, i know. Im waiting to hear back."
She said : "Then, well you might not be entitled to PIP"
I said , " yes that maybe the case, it may not be the case, Im waiting to hear back"
Then my statement came through. Didnt really check it as it still said I got standard rate mobility of 8 points.
I sent blue badge docs.
Got an email back today: I dont meet the criteria .

" The Department for Transport guidance states that applicants applying under the Personal Independence Payments (PIP) criteria must be in receipt of 8 points or more in the 'Moving Around' descriptor.
From the information you have provided it appears you do not receive 8 points or more for ‘Moving Around’, so we will not be taking your application any further."

I've had a closer look at the recent statement of entitlement I requested , the dwp have awarded me 4pts for moving around, and 4pts for planning a journey.. it was 8pts + 4 pts before. ?
The standard rate care is the same , but the points on mobility have changed?
I have received no decision letter , no statement of change, no right of appeal etc..?
What do you advise?
TIA
Raindaisy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218699 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge review done or not?
raindaisy

You seem to have two options; request an MR of the Decision in the hope of scoring higher for the Mobility award or alternatively apply directly to your Local Authority for a Blue Badge, the criteria that your LA will use is more akin to the old DLA rules than PIP.

www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #218753 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic Blue Badge review done or not?
Thank you Gordon.
I hunted down my original decision letter dated 2016 and checked it through carefully.
Seems the LA are indeed correct, I scored 4 (planning J) , 4 (moving around) = 8pts Mobility total in 2016.
I note this time the LA clearly state which descriptor qualifies.
Which means technically I never qualified for a blue badge in the first place! So someone in SCC ( LA) had made a mistake!
I will attempt to apply anyway, but wont hold my breath, a friend age 75 was turned down at the first hurdle , no AA, no DLA , (she never will apply for help , fiercely independent), but SCC has blanket policy of 8 pts only etc...
She has deformed , painful feet and ankles due to RA, can barely walk at all. Wont use an aid. Wont use a wheelchair. Just wont go out, and was becoming a hermit.
So I requested a review and sent hospital letters, photos of her painful horrible deformed swollen feet . ( hope they weren't eating at the desk when they opened the email :sick: )
That did the trick.

Wasn't even called in for a walking assessment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid