× Members

Pip review - how long have you waited/did you wait

More
5 years 11 months ago #218690 by Kevsue19
So 11 weeks after my assessment in July, I phoned again yesterday to find out what was happening and was told “I’m embarrassed to say it’s still not been done, I don’t know why, it’s a simple case “They said it would take possibly another week (which I have been told before) I am going to email my MP and tell them about the delay. In my case the assessor has indicated I should have daily living and enhanced mobility - I currently only get standard mobility.
I am starting to get suspicious that they seem to be doing the cases where they are going to decline and wondered if anyone could tell me how long after assessment they had received their decision and if it was positive or negative. The case manager that I got put through to (the helpline lady was apparently too embarrassed to tell me herself) said they may/May not backdate any increase, it’s all down to the case managers decsion. Knowing my currentl luck nothing will get backdated. I have actually deteriorated since the assessment too!my own fault for not requesting a review myself but I was dreading the assessment so I didn’t. Lesson learnt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218704 by Gordon
Sue

This is nothing to do with the complexity of your case or whether they are going to award or not, the time is simply a reflection of the size of the pile of files on the DMs desk.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #218712 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Pip review - how long have you waited/did you wait
I have also been waiting since July. Not heard anything yet. (Review)

More
5 years 11 months ago #218725 by maria
I had mine in August and had my decision which was possitive

More
5 years 11 months ago #218738 by Kevsue19
Does seem to lack consistency! Was yours a review María or an initial decision? They said they are (quite rightly) prioritising new claims

More
5 years 11 months ago #218751 by phrank
I was reviewed in June and it was 11 weeks before I got the decision.

Am waiting on a MR request at the moment.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.