× Members

ESA3 Details / documents

More
5 years 11 months ago #219489 by belarion
ESA3 Details / documents was created by belarion
Dear Gordon,

I noticed a few other posts on here regarding form ESA3, and also have question
regarding this. Did not wish to post on someone else thread though, hence new thread
here. Hope that is ok.

In addition to what the other posters asked, could you please help define the following on the form:

On page 25 of the copy of the form I have it asks:

Do you and your partner’s savings add up to £5,500 or more?

Please send us proof of your savings with this form. For example, a recent bank statement or a savings book updated within the last month.

Have your savings been more than £5,500 during the last 6 months?

Please send us proof of your savings with this form. For example, a recent bank statement or a savings book updated within the last 6 months.

What are they defining here as: "a recent bank statement or a savings book updated within the last 6 months." ?

Would this equate to sending them 6 months worth of bank statements?
OR just a current bank statement for an account that was updated in the last 6 months.

Wish to provide the correct info and find this unclear.

Thanks greatly, V.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219501 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA3 Details / documents
Verlaine

It's not as complicated as it sounds.

So if your savings and assets currently exceed £5500 or they have in the last six months then you need to send the DWP statements for all of your bank accounts for this period and details of any assets that you hold or held.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: belarion

More
5 years 11 months ago #219520 by belarion
Replied by belarion on topic ESA3 Details / documents
Ok.
What I was attempting to ascertain though was:

if assets currently exceed £5500 or they have in the last six months: Do I need to send bank statements backdated/ covering a whole six months OR just the current month ?

Hope you can get what I mean here. Sorry if not clear.

Thanks greatly, V.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219523 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA3 Details / documents
Verlaine

The whole six months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: belarion

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.