× Members

SG to WRAG on contribution-based ESA after 1 year

More
5 years 11 months ago #219887 by shirleymoore
I wonder if anyone has any advice or experience in the following?

I have been in the Support Group ESA for I'm not sure how long off the top of my head but well over a year. Everything took a long time to process, but I have been off sick for over 3 years now.

I have just had my first reassessment sent to me after the initial decision to put me in the support group. (The review was supposed to be after a year but I think it is over 2 now.)

I may not meet the criteria for the support group now, but may meet the criteria for the WRAG. I have always been on Contribution-based ESA.

I am aware you can only get contribution-based ESA payments for a year. When does that year start from/end? Because I have received payments for well over a year already will they just stop if I am put into the WRAG? (I will not be entitled to income-based ESA as my OH works).. Or will it be a year from the new decision or a year from the initial application minus the time spent in the support group?

Any ideas?

What I really need to know is is there any benefit in going through the reapplication procedure and being put in the WRAG when there may not be any payments.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219910 by Gordon
Shirley

The following explains whether you will receive any money if you are moved to the WRAG

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: shirleymoore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.