× Members

PiP Renewal

More
5 years 10 months ago #220557 by Maggie041208
PiP Renewal was created by Maggie041208
Have been receiving Standard Mobility and went for a renewal assessment on August 7th and HA report was received by DWP on August 8th.
I obtained a copy of the report and am extremely pleased that after waiting 12 weeks to the day that have been awarded both Higher Rate Care and Mobility.
This was in the main due to a deterioration in hearing. Yes am very encouraged by that has i am aware that many people on here have had problems getting the issues faced when applying for PIP.
I would like to get your opinion on backdating as i have had to wait 12 weeks for a decision am somewhat aggrieved by the loss of substantial amount of money.
I have spoken to DWP on this matter and they advise me that they were unaware of any change.
When i submitted the AR! in May 17th i submitted a Audiology report with the papers. The test was carried out on May 10th .Along with the audiogram was a letter from the Audiologist stating there had been a deterioration in my hearing from the one that had been done 2 years earlier.
To me it seems clear that they should have looked at this date or certainly from the dates they
received the documentation.
I am advised they will look at it again under a Mandatory Reconsideration..
Your thoughts would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #220566 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PiP Renewal
Maggie

Congratulations on the award.

Standard practice for reassessment Decisions is;

- If the DWP initiated the review then the Decision applies from the date that it is made.

- If the claimant reports a Change of Circumstances, then the Decision should apply from the date the DWP receive notification of the change.

Decision Makers do have some discretion on this but it is rarely used.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.