× Members

Query: Severe Disability Premium

More
5 years 6 months ago #222795 by MariW
Query: Severe Disability Premium was created by MariW
Recent forum discussions about SDP have led me to wonder whether I am receiving the correct amount of income-related ESA... and panic!

I receive £127.15 per week. It is broken down as follows:

1. Living expenses £73.10
2. Disability Income Guarantee £16.40
3. LCW addition/ Support group £37.65

SDP is not mentioned but my fear is overpayment.

I receive DLA at the highest rate for both mobility and care. I have never lived alone. I share a home with my elderly mother who receives the State Pension and money from an annuity. She is not in receipt of any means-tested benefit. Nobody claims CA for me.

Expert advice welcome.

Mari

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222804 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Query: Severe Disability Premium
Mari

One of the criteria for the SD Premium is that the claimant lives alone or is considered to be living alone.

From your post, you do not live alone and if your mother does receive DLA or AA then you cannot be considered as living alone.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #222811 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Query: Severe Disability Premium
My question was not whether I am entitles to SDP but whether the ESA payment I quotes indicates I’m getting SDP unlawfully!

MW

More
5 years 6 months ago #222821 by Gordon

MariW wrote: My question was not whether I am entitles to SDP but whether the ESA payment I quotes indicates I’m getting SDP unlawfully!

MW

I'm sorry, you are not receiving the Premium so I assumed you were asking if you could,

The Disability Income Guarantee is the Enhanced Disability Premium and is paid because you are in the SG and/or you have DLA HRC or PIP Enhanced Daily Living.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #222823 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Query: Severe Disability Premium
Thanks, Gordon. I'm relieved to know I'm not being overpaid. I got so get up that my already poor typing went completely to pot.

MW

More
5 years 6 months ago #222828 by Gordon

MariW wrote: Thanks, Gordon. I'm relieved to know I'm not being overpaid. I got so get up that my already poor typing went completely to pot.

MW

It was me not you, I should have read your post more carefully,

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.