× Members

Medical Evidence

More
5 years 8 months ago #224806 by Hughie
Medical Evidence was created by Hughie
Hi again
You may recall I recently asked a question regarding whether or not someone has to be invited by the DWP to claim PIP if they are on DLA, as my friend was not sent a PIP. We have now found out that his Rep from an earlier DLA claim had asked the DWP to send out the PIP2 without my friend knowing??
We are now treading very slowly through their Statement of Reasons and the Tribunal has said it did not look at one report from my friend's GP, because it preferred other evidence. Are they allowed to pick and choose? Surely they have to give all evidence presented to them the same consideration, or am I once again just grabbing at straws. Many Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #224820 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical Evidence
HJ

Proving the panel have provided adequate reason for preferring one set of evidence over another then it is not an Error, they are entitled to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.