× Members

Contribution based ESA, income query

More
5 years 2 months ago #228382 by Tigeranne
Contribution based ESA, income query was created by Tigeranne
I receive contribution based ESA. If I draw down some of my pension, which HMRC does not regard as income as it is tax free, do DWP regard this as income or moving my savings?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228396 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution based ESA, income query
Anna

Providing you are only receiving ESA(CB) then a one-off drawdown should be treated as savings and won't affect your payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228443 by Tigeranne
Replied by Tigeranne on topic Contribution based ESA, income query
Thank you so much Gordon, I wish I had found you at the beginning of the year. In Jan I completed new ESA 50 and PIP forms. Now I am , like everyone else, awaiting the brown envelope. As I have a b rain injury my ability to discuss my circumstances is poles apart to my actual experiences of daily life. Praying for a positive outcome.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.