× Members

ESA assessment need to change date

More
5 years 2 months ago #228688 by Pj123
Replied by Pj123 on topic ESA assessment need to change date
Hi Gordon, quick update

The GP that booked my mri scan seen me today, not great news regarding my back, 2 degenerated discs and a herniated disc (slipped disc) that is pressing on my nerves hence horrendous pain! Which leaves me great difficulty sitting or standing to long!
I have Been referred to a spinal neurological surgeon

The GP was very kind and wrote me a letter of support pointing out all my health issues which started years ago. Including the back issue now.

I will take your advice and call tomorrow, firstly stating I requested a recorded assessment and secondly that my wife can get a day off in 3 weeks.
Should I forward my mri results plus referral to dwp where I sent my ESA 50 and the GP letter ?
Or take them to the assessment?
Advice would be appreciated
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228689 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment need to change date
Pj

Send it to the Assessment Centre where your current appointment is booked, take a copy to the assessment and ask the assessor to read it before the start the interview and to include it in your file for return to the DWP and lastly send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim, for the attention of the Decision Maker.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pj123

More
5 years 2 months ago #228727 by Pj123
I called this morning regarding my HCA tomorrow to enquire about having it recorded and explain my wife couldn’t make it!
I gave a date we knew she had off work but the man said because you want it Recorded he couldn’t give me a date and another dept would issue a later date!
I gave him the week my wife is away and therefore I couldn’t attend that particular week as she’s away at her dads due to him being unwell!
The man said he’d put that down! Hope he does or I wouldn’t be able to attend.

Should I follow up with an email confirming what was said this morning?
Thanks

More
5 years 2 months ago #228741 by Gordon
Pj

Yes, I would.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228809 by Pj123
Hi Gordon
They said send in any docs to a Wolverhampton address mail handling centre. Does that sound correct?

More
5 years 2 months ago #228827 by Gordon
Pj

As there is no appointment booked at the moment, the Wolverhampton address should be fine.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.