× Members

PIP Asking for extension

More
5 years 2 months ago #234237 by James
PIP Asking for extension was created by James
Hi. I am due to return my PIP form by 24th July. I have started it, but have been in a lot of pain the last 2 weeks., so hav'nt been able to do very much.
I know I can ask for an extension, but I was wondering if I do, will it go against me because I did'nt return the completed form by the date the DWP stated?
Thanks
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234245 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Asking for extension
James

It will have no effect on your assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #234248 by James
Replied by James on topic PIP Asking for extension
Thanks Gordon. Thats good to know.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234354 by Vulcanxh558
Replied by Vulcanxh558 on topic PIP Asking for extension
Hi James, I don’t know if this will help but I’m also in the process of completing the PIP form and I asked for, and got, a 2 week extension but unfortunately I too was in too much pain to finish the form in time so I was given a final 10 day extension.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234449 by James
Replied by James on topic PIP Asking for extension
Thanks for the reply. I phoned the DWP to ask for an extension, but they told me a letter had already been sent out giving me another 2 weeks (It arrived today).

Like you, I have been in in really bad Arthritis pain, and hav'nt been able to do very much at all. I'm waiting for my daughter to come and help me with the form.

I feel that it may sound as if I am complaining about every pain that I get, but my daughter said I have to put everything down.
James

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.