× Members

PIP award reinstated, worth contesting points?

More
4 years 11 months ago #234318 by antmack
Hi Phrank

This is what's happened to me, I've been given zero points on activities I have difficulty with and extra points on activities I wasn't expecting. But my points have been reduced by quite some margin overall for the daily living. I don't like this being taken as the new status quo and makes a mockery of my first assessment for PIP. I do feel this is some tactic to make a new assessment necessary the next time it's being reviewed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234319 by Gordon

Antony wrote: Does it matter whether I stand to gain money or not?

Yes it does, an appeal panel is charged with ensuring the correct award is in place, not how that award has been achieved, the reasons for an appeal have to be substantive (i.e. a higher award) or it risks being strick out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234321 by phrank
Hi Antony,

I can see what you mean. I felt a bit like you especially when they have said I need supervision to wash and dress?

I really don't know how they worked that out unless the HCP at the assessment thought that I smelt a bit off and had the wrong glasses on and noticed I was only half-dressed and secretly reported this.

Anyway, it's up to you but I decided to let it go as I couldn't have gone through anymore of the unbelievable stress that the MR had caused. Letter after letter and dozens of phone calls, they must have been sick of me phoning them up.

Whatever you decide good luck.

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.