× Members

Next Day & Special Delivery. Safe in DWP's Hands?

More
5 years 2 months ago #234479 by Rabbit65
Hello all.
I am asking a question that at first-class may seem daft.

Is it better to send items to the DWP, either Signed For or Special Delivery?

It's just that sometime ago a DWP Wallah told me that these types of de livery go on a special 'pile' and are attended too more slowly than regular snail-mail.

As I'm finishing off my MR for PIP and will be posting it Monday, needing to reach the Denizens of Doom' by 27/7.

Should I use a premium product or just go vanilla First Class?

Thanks for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #234481 by BIS
Hi DavidPIP

You should certainly use a method where the postage is tracked (if you can afford to do so)- so that you have proof of posting and can know when it has arrived safely.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabbit65

More
5 years 2 months ago #234483 by Kab
I agree with BIS get it tracked, once it’s signed for I follow up with an early call (they open at 8am) the day following receipt to make sure it’s showing on their screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rabbit65

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.