× Members

Face to Face Consultation at Home

More
4 years 10 months ago #234831 by Rosie
Face to Face Consultation at Home was created by Rosie
I asked and got, a face-to-face consultation at home, as I am unable to sit and wait for my appointment. Can anybody advise me what to expect, because I haven’t got a clue. I have had major surgery on my back over the years which is why I can’t attend at their office. I now wonder if I did the right thing as I don’t have a lot of aids or rails to help me, except my settee which is adapted for me to lay on comfortably and two gripper rails in the bathroom. there is not much that helps with back pain. Has anybody gone through this and can offer me any advice – it would be gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234832 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Face to Face Consultation at Home
Hi Rose

The assessor is not there to inspect your house. The only things they see is from your front door to the room in which the assessment takes place. Home assessments can be more comfortable because you're in familiar surroundings and you miss out on the questions like 'how did you get here?'

You can have a look at the PIP guide for the types of questions you will be asked. This is not an exhaustive list and always expect to probably be asked something that you're not expecting. It's not to catch you out, it's generally something personal to you.

If you can, have someone with you to take notes and/or record. The length of the assessment can vary depending on how much information they wish to clarify, though 1 - 1.5 hrs seems pretty standard.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosie, Anne-Marie

More
4 years 10 months ago #234865 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Face to Face Consultation at Home
Thank you for your reply that’s very helpful. If I look at the PIP assessment questions are they the same as if I’d gone for a consultation at their office.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234872 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Face to Face Consultation at Home
Hi Rosie

Yes, they will be almost the same, but as I've already mentioned they can't ask the questions about how you got there, so if they're assessing your mobility, they may ask you how you manage the stairs.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.