× Members

PIP questionaire

More
5 years 1 month ago #237675 by Ken
PIP questionaire was created by Ken
just look for some advice My partner suffers IBS and becomes very anxious about going on journeys some I have to cancel because of this I have to plan all journeys around toilet stops She is not able to plan a journey due to the anxiety and she has no sense of direction and cannot read a map. The need for toilets is immediate and can and has resulted in accidents. My question is does this come under Q13 going out or Q14 moving around or both as IBS is a physical condition but the anxiety is a mental health problem
any advice welcome
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #237679 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP questionaire
Ken

You are going to struggle to show applicability for the Moving Around activity given the distances involved, this activity is about how far she can walk.

It may be applicable to the Going Out activity but not directly, you will need to show that she suffers "overwhelming psychological distress" due to her concerns about her incontinence and this OPD prevents her from continuing to follow a route. Anxiety is will not meet this requirement. She would need to suffer the OPD on the majority of days if required to follow a route.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.