× Members

PIP application - how should I proceed from here?

More
5 years 1 week ago #237694 by Steve
Hi,

I would be very grateful if you could please offer any advice. Basically, I applied for PIP and went to my face to face assessment. Soon after I received a letter saying I would not be entitled to PIP as I did not go to the assessment (I did). I then asked for a mandatory reconsideration and after that I appealed. I received a letter from the appeal court and thought great, I’m finally getting my case heard. Yesterday I received this letter from the DWP (my personal details are omitted) and don’t know what to make of it. Is it good news for me? Are they just trying to delay my application further? I applied in January and this is still the stage I am at.

Thank you very much for your help,

Rob
Link to scan of my letter: imgur.com/a/hfdGj2L

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #237695 by BIS
Hi Rob

The letter is good news. They are going to proceed with your PIP claim. Whether you will have to have another face to face I'm afraid you will have to wait and see. It's not delaying tactics - this is what you would expect to happen if you're turned down flat in the way you were. Sorry, you will have to wait and hear from them, though you could keep chasing to see that it is dealt with.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.