× Members

Backdated LCWRA on Universal Credit

More
4 years 3 months ago #248526 by RaisingAwareness
Replied by RaisingAwareness on topic Backdated LCWRA on Universal Credit
Thanks for your continued replies.

We have spoken to managers who also say there is no information. The last time we contacted our MP, about UC writing off severe disability premiums, the response we got was a forwarded email from a local DWP office stating we were not covered by the legislation. As such, I do not feel as though contacting my MP is at all a worthwhile decision, and seemed to go against us last time we did so. If managers are no-go, and MP is no-go, do we have any recourse?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #248527 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdated LCWRA on Universal Credit
RA

I really recommend your trying your MP again, if you got a letter from the DWP then that only happened because your MP contacted them in the first place.

The only other thing I can suggest is your contacting a salaried Welfare Rights Worker they will have escalation contacts in the DWP that they might be able to use. Do an internet search for "welfare rights" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 7 months ago #255785 by Idk
Replied by Idk on topic Backdated LCWRA on Universal Credit
Did you get this sorted as I have the same problem

More
3 years 5 months ago #257507 by HL8860
Replied by HL8860 on topic Backdated LCWRA on Universal Credit
Yes i have the same problem generic ucd81 letter left on my journal

More
2 years 5 months ago #269515 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Backdated LCWRA on Universal Credit
Shocking that DWP leave you waiting, they make u wait a lengthy time, no fault of ur own, give you the decision and then mess you about regarding backdated payment, which you are entitled to, as soon as you get the decision the money should be automatically payable, i received PIP award and was given 4 months backdated money within a few weeks, i dont see this as being any different, you have waited a year, that should be 9 months backdated which is £343 x 9 =£3000, i am in the exact same boat, having assessment next week after a year of handing Fit notes in, good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.