× Members

Information

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290867 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Information
Hi C,

Hopefully it's just delayed because of the Royal Mail backlog, and you receive it soon.

There is a way that you can ask online for information, as I've done it before in the past - I just can't remember the link. I will try and find it and link you later if I do. It's like a request of information page via gov.uk - you fill in your name, address, etc then there's a box where you type in what you're wanting.

Regards, Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290900 by C
Replied by C on topic Information
Just got a call from PIP confirming they'd just printed off the report and it was in the post for me. I sent an email yesterday to a generic DWP email address I found on Google and got this incredibly speedy response, so that's handy to know if I have future issues!
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290901 by Chris
Hi C,

That's what it could've been i had....something like information.dwp.gov.uk - I just remember also seeing a form for something too, but glad you got sorted!

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, C

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290949 by C
Report arrived first class today, less than 48 hours after I sent the email! Providing the DWP agree with Capita's report, it should be good news!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
1 week 6 days ago #290966 by Chris
Great news C!

If only it could be like this all the time, for everyone.

Chris.

More
5 hours 19 minutes ago #291587 by C
Still no decision, BUT something slightly funny/hopeless has cropped up.

Got a notification from my GP surgery that a letter had been received from Capita - given that Capita had already sent the report to the DWP, I just about pooed my pants at why Capita would be writing to my GP now.

Cut to a few days later...and the letter was a request for a factual report sent to a guy I saw in the mental health field at the beginning of 2023. It was sent to where I'd accessed care from him at in January 2024, evidently he no longer worked there...and five months later, it ended up back with my GP.

Interesting to me that this means Capita requested THREE factual reports - my GP, this mental health guy, and the Long Covid team. That feels pretty unusual to me!

Also the fact it took five months for the report request to be forwarded back to my GP is slightly absurd and hopeless, but here we are.

Most amusing was the fact my GP has filled in the form (just as uselessly as the first one they were sent!) and sent it back again, obviously far past the point where it will be useful.

So yes, not an update to my benefit - still waiting on a decision, the DWP have just over a week before 6 weeks have officially passed since the 'we'll be in touch within 6 weeks' text - but an update on the number of factual reports requested for me (three! still not over it!) and the slowness of internal communications at the NHS.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.