× Members

Compliance Interview ESA

More
8 months 1 week ago #284353 by HarryD
Compliance Interview ESA was created by HarryD
Hello

I am so uptight. I got a letter from the DWP last week saying I would receive a compliance call at 11 am for my contribution based ESA claim.

That was fine. Today I received the call at 10.55am. I was asked to confirm my details and then asked about my private pensions. The caller was an African male from his accent. He said do you get your pensions paid into the Nat West Bank. I said no. I feel he should know this information and felt it was a scam. He said he would write to me.

I felt uneasy and phoned the number on the letter I received. The phone was answered by just “Hello” no statement of who it was or what government department. It was the same man. I said who is this, he replied with who am I speaking to. I gave my name and he said oh I was speaking with you earlier. It was the same man. I told him I thought it was a scam. He said wait until you receive my letter. I said I felt he didn’t answer the phone in a professional way a Government Department should.

I feel so uneasy about this call. Has anyone experienced similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #284356 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Compliance Interview ESA
Hi HarryD

I can't tell you whether you should be concerned, but if it's going to worry you, you should ring the DWP on the free phone number and just explain to the call handler why you're phoning. They can look at your records and confirm whether you have been sent a compliance letter and were down for an interview.

0800 055 6688

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: HarryD

More
8 months 1 week ago #284411 by Chocolady
Replied by Chocolady on topic Compliance Interview ESA
I got a call on christmas eve once asking me something about my income. I was very wary as it was such a weird time to call and the lady seemed to think it was very amusing. Sometimes you wonder if they do things just to worry you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.