× Members

Esa fortnightly?

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284427 by Chocolady
Esa fortnightly? was created by Chocolady
I understand esa gets paid at a weekly rate but fortnightly. Maybe I’m being thick here but there’s 52 weeks in a year so I make that 26 payments. I only get 24 payments am I missing something? Sorry if it’s obvious but my maths is pretty poor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284449 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Esa fortnightly?
Hi Chocolady

Your maths is spot on, 26 payments in a year.

The question I would ask is, how do you calculate that you only get 24 payments in a year.

You ask if you are missing something, my answer would be yes........ 2 payments ;-)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chocolady

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284492 by Chocolady
Replied by Chocolady on topic Esa fortnightly?
I count the payments in on my bank statement gary.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284493 by Chocolady
For 2022 I only had 24 payments on my bank statement. I also looked back and something funny went on in 2018 where I had half my payment paid for two payments. Not sure what’s going on but Ive just noticed it! Its now making me think I need to go back over my statements and find out if ive been paid accurately for a while. Dunno how far you can go back to DWP for.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #284494 by Chocolady
Ooops mystery solved they missed two payments last year as I moved and I had to call to remind them so this is just a one off payment with a funny reference which didnt show when searched. However im still not sure why I got 2 half payments in 2018. Might well be an explanation. Might have been a glitch or something. Will do my research. Thanks guys
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.