× Members

PIP review times

More
11 months 1 week ago #284664 by SallyT
PIP review times was created by SallyT
I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge about how long the DWP are taking to process PIP review forms currently? I submitted my review form at the beginning of June 23 and didn't know how long to expect to wait until I heard something back, either with a decision or a request for more information/assessment attendance etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284667 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review times
Hi SallyT

We used to be able to give people approximate times, but these days it is impossible to be accurate. At best, You could wait at least another month before you hear anything and at worst, you could be waiting many months. We have some members who have waited over a year from submitting their review form to having an assessment, and the worst we've heard is eighteen months. I'm sorry not to be able to give you a clear picture, but it is so variable on what type of assessment you might have, whether the DWP requires extra information, the availability of assessors ... The best we've heard is eight weeks in total and the worst has been 18 months. Let's hope you hear soon. You can always ring and ask the DWP what the status of your claim is and they may be able to give you an update on waiting times.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SallyT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.