× Members

ESA Assessment and after?

More
11 months 1 week ago #284709 by Countrybumpkin
ESA Assessment and after? was created by Countrybumpkin
Hi everyone

I have my ESA telephone assessment tomorrow and I am very very nervous.
Can anyone tell me, if I'm put in a work related group do I have to keep submitting fit notes for 12months or do they stop asking after assessment?

Does having enhanced Mobility and Daily Living for PIP help me if I needed to appeal/fight to be in a support group?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #284716 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic ESA Assessment and after?
Hi CountryBumpkin,

ESA is different to Universal Credit, but based on my own experiences of this - Me receiving PIP has not helped my UC application at all to be placed in the Limited Capability for Work Related Activity Group. It was 2 different assessments, and despite being awarded PIP for 2nd year in a row, I am still contesting my UC which has been going on not far short of a year now.
One of the other mods may know, but I'd say based on mine, having Enhanced for PIP (both elements) will not improve your chances of being put in the top tier support group.
I was told however, after being put in the middle group, that I no longer had to supply fitnotes. I put them in for 10 months, before I was told I didnt have to anymore back in August, however I still do keep obtaining them from my GP, just incase the job centre try to start forcing me into something that I simply am unable to cope with.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Countrybumpkin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.