× Members

Documentation to be submitted with PIP appeal form

More
11 months 2 days ago #284852 by Denah
Hi all, sorry if this question has been asked before, I have scoured the forum, but not found the answer. Despite her multiple mental and physical problems, the DWP has rejected my adult daughter's mandatory reconsideration (ignoring and failing to justify nearly every point she made), and so we are faced with appealing. When an appeal is submitted, are the original claim form/decision and the MR claim/decision forwarded to the appeal board as part of the DWP's submission? I understand that it is best for us to keep the appeal form itself succinct, but her original claim form and the MR form have all the detailed information how her disabilities affect her, so I am not sure if we should attach copies? Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 days ago #284866 by BIS
Hi Denah

I'm sorry that your daughter has to go to Appeal. The DWP will provide a bundle of papers, including her claim and the MR. A copy will be sent to you, and you will have time to see if anything is missing - in which case you can always submit it yourself. You can submit any evidence up to three weeks before a Tribunal takes place. So, no, you don't have to send it again (though plenty of people do!)

If you haven't already - do have a look at our Guide to PIP Appeals and The Best Way to Challenge a Medical Report - you might find them helpful.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.