× Members

Free Boiler Scheme (ECO4)?

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285164 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Free Boiler Scheme (ECO4)?
Hi Chocolady

My brother applied for a grant, he lives in the countryside, no mains gas, so had an oil boiler for his hot water and central heating. The boiler broke down so he made enquiries to his local council, they were going to get back to him, seven months later just before winter still no reply so I gave him the money for a new boiler, after winter the council contacted him about the boiler grant.

I would agree with you, the set up is not very good for claimants who need answers and cannot wait months for an outcome.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chocolady

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285177 by Chocolady
Replied by Chocolady on topic Free Boiler Scheme (ECO4)?
No Gary its not. My environmental health officer is very uninformed in fact I knew more about schemes practically than she did. She seemed very young and apologised that our council hadnt got its act together on schemes but that id have to wait until next february even though there was a previous policy which they were in the process of changing. It was very computer says no. I wouldnt mind ive never claimed on these schemes despite being entitled even the insulation scheme was a con. No one was properly checked. Very unsatisfactory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #285179 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Free Boiler Scheme (ECO4)?
How much do I agree with all this! We actually qualified for one of the schemes but no company would do the insulation install, even after we went to our ["blue wall"] MP for help. The week after, the gov't pulled the scheme. Huh! We paid £2k ourselves but at least our bedroom is warm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.