× Members

Compliance Officer

More
10 months 1 week ago #285394 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Compliance Officer
Hi wibblum,

I was penalised myself with having my UC reduced by over £100 per month and it was because of a mixture of savings which I'd saved myself working for nearly 17 years in local government, and another 5 elsewhere, and also a backdated payment of PIP. They want to know everything. I had to give a years worth of bank statements, and prove that I'd bought a new bed, PC and decorating like I'd stated - I even handed in my car repairs costs. I also nearly ended up with a £50 fine because im in the H2S scheme, and had totally forgot to declare it because I thought that because it was DWP related, that the DWP would know about it, but actually this turned out not to be the case. I think it's going to get worse over time, especially after Hunts statement on 22nd November. I think it'll push more people into becoming suicidal, because of their health issues.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum, KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285398 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Compliance Officer
Is it necessary to use the word "Nazi" in a conversation? Especially with world events as they are at the moment (and no, I`m not Jewish).

I do understand and appreciate that people have had problems with DWP (I, myself, have had a bad experience), but using such words are neither appropriate nor acceptable.

Don`t forget the person, or people, you are dealing with at the other end of the line is / are human(s); HCAs are working to rules set by people further up the ladder (and usually by people who don`t understand the environment they are responsible for).

Vent your anger / frustration by all means, but please don`t relate people to a particularly repugnant part of recent history.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285403 by wibblum
Replied by wibblum on topic Compliance Officer
"Is it necessary to use the word "Nazi" in a conversation?"

You're quite right, Godwin's Law, and all that. And the term 'Stasi' is actually more appropriate.

Also, even the briefest review of the actions of the person concerned in this instance is more than enough to cast their humanity into doubt.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285404 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Compliance Officer
Hi JaneyJane

Not that I am a Solicitor but a few points.
1) You have the right to have support with you when this person has you in interview.
2) An earlier point about recording her, you have to inform her that you are recording her in order, that your recording be considered evidence. Although, if she is an situation where she is looking into possible "deception" then she should be recording the interviews anyway.
3) As earlier posts, make sure your Mental Health team are aware of how her attitude towards you is affecting you Health. Because that is considered in itself as an offence. (Protection of vulnerable Adults/Duty of Care)
4) I assume we are talking about a 'Means tested' Benefit? Otherwise, she has no business 'investigating' you.
5) No matter who she is or what position she holds, you are totally within your rights to make a complaint of harassment and what appears to me, as victimisation.
I wish you good luck! And make sure and have someone with you when you engage with her again.
Hope you have a speedy recovery also :)

More
10 months 1 week ago #285405 by wibblum
Replied by wibblum on topic Compliance Officer
And furthermore, the person under discussion in this case is a DWP compliance officer (as the topic title very clearly states) who it appears is happily engaging in the wilful, prolonged bullying and harrassment of a vulnerable claimant.

Not quite the hapless rule-bound HCA that you claim should elicit our sympathies.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285411 by JaneyJane
Replied by JaneyJane on topic Compliance Officer
Whilst I frown upon the word Nazi.
I’m sorry but the way this person has treated me I’m afraid I struggle to care that “she too is a person”
She told me “well despite trying to kill yourself you weren’t successful AGAIN, so I do t hold much weight to that”
“Using your mental health as away to escape rules is not going to look good for you”
“ I could be watching you right now and you wouldn’t know”
Where is the humanity in ANY of those statements to someone severally mentally unwell.
She is a compliance officer, I’m complying as best I can. She won’t be happy until I’m dead.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.