× Members

DWP u turn - phonecall TOMORROW! Please advise.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285440 by AlwaysPacing
I had my PIP stopped in April. Mandatory reconsideration was unsuccessful. I registered for tribunal and yesterday they rang to say they are awarding it and the tribunal needn't happened. They also awarded at enhanced level (it was standard before they cancelled).

Unfortunately the same person from DWP just rang me back and said after she put my case through, it was picked up by quality control and that person doesn't agree! She therefore wants to ask me some questions and we've arranged a call tomorrow morning. All she told me is that it's about work and how I use various software aids - as she has awarded me points for cognitive difficulties and they want to know more about how i manage this at work. Also she says there will be questions about employing a PA.

Receiving direct payments for the PA, and working, do not make you ineligible for PIP. I'm not sure what to make of this and not sure about being put on the spot in a phone call. I don't even know which bits of my case they agree with and have awarded points for, and which bits they're discounting.

Can anyone advise please? My phone call is at 9am tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #285442 by BIS
Hi AlwaysPacing

You need to make sure that you record the phone call! If you have someone with you, then do so. If you can't record the phonecall - you need to ask them to do so, and if they say they can't you have the right to tell them to ring back when they can make a recording.

I can understand your disquiet at being put on the spot. You are right - working does not prohibit you from claiming PIP.

Before you answer any questions you want to know what will happen after the phone call - and the fact you maintain the right to go to Tribunal if you don't like the decision.

Best of luck

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 1 week ago #285444 by AlwaysPacing
Replied by AlwaysPacing on topic DWP u turn - phonecall TOMORROW! Please advise.
Thank you.
Should i answer questions on the phone at all or say i need it in writing?
Are they allowed to ask these additional questions? I thought their only option at this stage was award pip or go to tribunal- not come back and ask more questions?

More
10 months 1 week ago #285449 by Gary
Hi AlwaysPacing

As you rightly stated you can always go to the Tribunal.

We have heard on the forum where members have successfully argued with the DWP about the award prior to going to a tribunal, it would depend on how confident you feel.

We cannot answer your question, one of the reason for the phone call is to check what group if any to place you in, I would advise you to think before you speak, make sure you are consistent with what you answer.

What adjustments have they made for you at work, make sure you write down a list as you will more than likely forget on the day, don't let them rush you, if you do not understand the question ask them to repeat it.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.