× Members

Competition win

More
10 months 20 hours ago #285830 by The Dog Mother
Competition win was created by The Dog Mother
Hello all,
I need to pass on a bit of advice to my cousin, she is 60 years old, receives IR esa, and pip low rate ,she recently won £1500 in a local competition, when I say recently it was only yesterday.
Hence the need for advice ASAP.
Will she need to inform esa of this? I know pip isn't means tested so that's not a factor. Also her savings are just about £3000. Any help greatly appreciated and I will pass it on. She is obviously afraid of being accused of fraud. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 16 hours ago #285841 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Competition win
The Dog Mother

As long as your cousin's savings are less than £6,000 she has no need to inform the DWP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 months 10 hours ago #285850 by The Dog Mother
Replied by The Dog Mother on topic Competition win
I honestly thought that,but wanted to be totally sure. Thanks ever so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.