× Members

UC and holiday rules (travel)....and a thank you!

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286065 by kaygee14
Hello to all at B&W, and may I firstly say a THANK YOU for all your recent very useful information and 'news', about the state of UC and LCWRA and WCA's, following recent Tory government announcements. Like many thousands of genuine LCWRA claimants, I am sure, my mental health conditions have been 'impacted' with extra anxiety and depression, from what looks like a planned 'benefits squeeze' by government. I have long believed that the DWP seems to doubt the intelligence of genuine LCWRA claimants, and hoping that none will investigate their lack of information. The DWP does not seem to be offering much in the way of definate and clear information, about these planned assessment changes, but thankfully you folks at B&W have been very helpful and clear, with what information and news you have given on this website. So a big thank you again from me, a 'support group' claimaint who will be watching with interest exactly what changes the DWP do make to UC assessments and reassessments. Thank you again! Now on to my questions:

I already understand, that a UC claimaint with LCWRA status (soon to be named 'support group'), may take a 'holiday' abroad outside of the UK, for up to one calander month, providing they oblige any commitments in place, and inform their 'work coach' (local processing centre) via their online Journal, etc etc. But I am not clear about the following:

1: What is the maximum time allowance per year (total), and number of departures from UK per year, that claimants can leave the UK for a short holiday?
2: Does such a 'year' follow a tax year, or a calender year? (ie, 'no more than X departures per year, totalling up to Y per year')?
3: Are there any rules or restrictions at all, for being away from your home address and having a short holiday within the UK?
4: For LCWRA claimaints with poor mental health including social anxiety being a basis of their status, could the DWP and Jobcentre staff use the very fact that they are 'travelling abroad' (either with or without supporting others) against them, to maybe at some later time, sanction the claimaint for ' being too independent or capable of travel' etc etc? The DWP claim that "everybody deserves a holiday to aid mental health" but I do not trust them! What is your view about this?

Kind thanks in advance of any answers you may give, thumbs up!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286080 by Gary
Hi KayGee73

Thank you for your kind words.

Your question is outside the remit of the forum, I did answer part of your questio 6 months ago; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...ment-increase#279763

For specific information I would advise you to seek help from yor local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Remember when you apply for UC you sign a claimant commitment, part of the answer would depend on your claimant commitment.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.