× Members

Esa - i need your advice

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #286148 by Charliem
Esa - i need your advice was created by Charliem
In 2022 i had a one off payment from eas (1,899 then a couple of months later i had a letter stating i have to pay the money back because they said i should not of received it in the first place i think this was all to do that i failed questionaire and the assessment,i am at the moment have a direct debit set up to pay £15 per month,anyway since then i done the questionaire may 2023 with help,then november 2023 i had the assessment call and at the end the assesser said i will get a letter with decision,so i was wondering if i am awarded this time do esa take what money is owed to them from dept department before they pay me any money,its been 5 weeks since the assessment dont know how long it takes before i hear from them.thanku all for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286167 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Esa - i need your advice
Hi Goneshopping

The debt department is separate and you have a prior agreement set up. If you are awarded ESA they won't suddenly try and take the remaining amount off you before you start receiving any money.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286174 by Charliem
Replied by Charliem on topic Esa - i need your advice
Thanks bis,do you know roughly how long i would get a letter,do you think i should give them a call,if so what number do you ring

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #286186 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Esa - i need your advice
Hi Goneshopping

We cannot give you a time line as it varies across the regions.

The number to call is ESA enquiry line: 0800 169 0310.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid