× Members

ADHD mobility - dangerous when in public

More
9 months 1 week ago #286525 by Mitch
Hi all,

I’m messaging with regard to the mobility section of the PIP. I think these issues apply to “planning and following a journey”.

Because of my ADHD, I can be really hyper and impulsive in public. I often approach strangers, make comments about their appearance, or say random things which sometimes results in a backlash (eg threats and abuse).

I also recently got arrested for an incident that happened when in public because I got very hyper (I can’t explain the nature of the offence here!).

Do any of the mobility aspects apply to my situation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #286533 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ADHD mobility - dangerous when in public
M

These might be good reasons for you to be awarded points but as your description stands you are unlikely to score them as you have not related these issues back to the Descriptors, e.g. following a route to a familiar or unfamiliar place. Also, you do not indicate how often you experience these problems and you will need to show that you are affected in this way on the majority of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mitch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid