× Members

UC LCWRA & NS ESA

More
8 months 1 week ago #286864 by JP
UC LCWRA & NS ESA was created by JP
I applied for UC in May and was awarded LCWRA in August. Prior to this I had disabled element of WTC plus P/T earnings. My SSP has finished and my employment was terminated. I found it overwhelming completing the UC50 form etc and wondered if I now apply for NS ESA to maintain NI contributions for my pension whether I will have to go through whole process of filling in more WCA forms or because my LCWRA award was so recent that this would be enough to avoid more forms and assessments?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286875 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC LCWRA & NS ESA
JP

The first thing to say is that you do not need to apply for NS ESA to maintain your State Pension, UC pays Class 3 NI Credits which count towards the pension.

NS ESA does pay Class 1 NI Credits which may allow you to make another claim for NS ESA if the first is time-limited, it is not if you have LCWRA, but there is no other advantage.

If you do apply for NS ESA then your current UC LCWRA award should be applied to the new claim automatically, so no assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.