× Members

U/c reaching pension age

More
3 months 1 week ago #286865 by Grahammylo
U/c reaching pension age was created by Grahammylo
Hi I’m not sure if anyone can answer this question for me. I reach pension age 66 end of march im on u/c LCWRA AND FULL PIP both parts. Do I lose my u/c benifits along with my wife’s joint claim for u/c? My wife is 60 and under pension age also gets carers element of u/c. Thanks for any help
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #286876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic U/c reaching pension age
G

Your wife will continue as a single UC claimant, your pension will be deducted £ for £ from her payments but your current LCWRA element and the Carers Element should still be paid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288579 by Grahammylo
Replied by Grahammylo on topic U/c reaching pension age
Hi just a little add on from my previous question If my wife takes early retirement plus my state pension the total sum takes us over her u/c amount will the DWP take money out of her careers element and my LCWRA.It’s a mine field out there with benifits and pensions so any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic U/c reaching pension age
G

No. Neither Carers Allowance nor your ESA are means-tested benefits and so are not affected by your household income.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288597 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic U/c reaching pension age
In a similar boat with my partner getting SP as of Oct 23. Please advise your partner to let UC know of changes - like rent increases or a change to the SP - on her UC journal. I'm a single UC claimant but my partner's pension ( as Gordon advises) comes off the total I'm entitled to. All I know is we've experienced a drastic drop in income and been through the mill with the DWP & LA since October 2023. He is awarded the carer element but it doesn't seem to make a huge financial difference. It was certainly less stressful on ESA so do read the guides here on health issues & UC - make sure you are prepared for the twists and turns of the UC process, good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grahammylo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.