× Members

PIP Review/Assessment

More
8 months 1 week ago #286881 by Kelly
PIP Review/Assessment was created by Kelly
Good Morning,

I wonder if anyone could advise please ?

How long after review form has been returned, do you receive an appointment for an assessment ?

I won’t be able to cope mentally with a f2f so what choices do I have ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286887 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Review/Assessment
Hi Kelly,

I'll try my best to assist. You usually find it's months after filling in your form before you're assessed. Sometimes, it can even run past a year. One of my PIP assessments, I started the claiming process in 2020, and didn't get my assessment and award till 2022!

You have face to face, video call (like Skype type of thing) telephone call, or a paper assessment usually as your options I believe.

If you follow the guides on this website, they'll help prepare you for whichever you decide is best. Never too early to start learning - there's a mountain of things to try and get your head around.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kelly, Tracey

More
8 months 1 week ago #286915 by Kelly
Replied by Kelly on topic PIP Review/Assessment
Thank you for your response Chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
8 months 1 week ago #286922 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic PIP Review/Assessment
I was told earlier this week during a call that the backlog is 24 weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Kelly

More
8 months 1 week ago #286991 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Review/Assessment
Hi Blueberry Owl,

Well that's good in a way, as it shows that the backlog they had, is starting to decrease. :)

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blueberry Owl

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.