× Members

This cannot be right: ESA and UC?

More
8 months 1 week ago #286932 by W Webster
This cannot be right: ESA and UC? was created by W Webster
Hello, I just came back from the Citizen's Advice Bureau. A most useful and pleasant visit, though I think the adviser might be wrong with one thing. A quick background story: I was made redundant on 20 January 2023 (last year), and I applied and received ESA (support group). I don't have to look for another job, but I hope to obtain a part-time job still someday (no luck so far after 180 application forms, 2.5 interviews and one work coach - nobody wants a disabled employee!). Anyway ... I do get PIP, which is in the process of being transferred to the Scottish ADP. I receive both Living and Mobility standard at the moment, but that may be increased soon to a higher level, once I send my new information. - The adviser said - according to the calculations she made online - I might also apply for Universal Credit. I always believed this not to be the case, because I already receive ESA. Would you be so kind as to advise me if my adviser is correct? I get the feeling she was reading out all the options I already have done and still can do, which included UC. I think swapping ESA for UC would be that option if she is incorrect. Many thanks for your kind advice. Wendy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #286978 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic This cannot be right: ESA and UC?
Hi W Webster

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

Depending on your circumstances, the adviser you saw is correct you can claim both NS ESA and UC.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.