× Members

How long should adult disability payment review take?

More
3 months 1 day ago #287110 by hippyhappyone
Hi,

I was moved from PIP to ADP. I am on enhanced rate mobility and care. I was due a review in October of last year, I got the forms in September. On the advice of my Welfare rights worker, I ticked the box to say "No change". I am still getting full payment without any problems. The only issues I have is my bus pass is also due to expire and I need a letter to say that I am in receipt of ADP and when it is due to run out. I called SSS and they said, they have received it but no one has picked up my form yet and I am not priority as I am being paid full amount. I also wanted to use the mobility component to get a car on Motability as my mobility is deteriorating but I can't unless I have a letter detailing I have at least a year's award.
Anyone any idea how long this should take?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 day ago #287115 by Gary
Hi hippyhappyone

I have absolutely no idea as it varies across regions, fellow members may be able to give you an up date and a time line as to how long it took them.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hippyhappyone

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287445 by hippyhappyone
Replied by hippyhappyone on topic How long should adult disability payment review take?
Just as an update because it might be helpful to others.
I heard from Social Security Scotland today. I have been re-awarded high rate for both care and mobilty for five years. This is following a simple "no change" application.
It is such a relief as we have never used the mobilty component for a car, preferring to use buses, taxis or hiring cars when necessary but my ability to use public transport is greatly diminished and not likely to get better. We are sussing out a car next week

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287447 by Gary
Hi hippyhappyone

Congratulations on your award, you can now rest for at least 4 years.

Personally I do not recommend just ticking boxes with no change, I prefer to give an explanation, if you kept a copy of the original application and there is no change then use the information you originally wrote on the review form adding extra pages if required.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @ADP @ REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 6 days ago #288105 by Tullulah
Hi , Iā€™m in the same situation regarding bus pass , expires March . Also send ADP form September, no reply. I will ask Money matters who helped complete my form about this. Fingers crossed šŸ¤žšŸ¼

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.