× Members

Work Capability Assessment interview tips

More
8 months 5 days ago #287125 by Preferanon
Work Capability Assessment interview tips was created by Preferanon
What is the best way to portray ourselves at a Work Capability Assessment interview? The assessor or 'nurse' has all the information from the attendee and all the relevant medical evidence; so it seems to be the purpose is to try to trip you up and make out the points in the application aren't really descriptive of our conditions. I'd like some tips for us all on the best way to come across at the interview so we don't look like we are actually capable of full time work, when we are not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 5 days ago #287133 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Work Capability Assessment interview tips
Hi Preferanon,

Just be truthful, and honest about what they ask you. That's all I'd say. However, if you're in the same boat as the majority of claimants that you read about on here, most of the assessment will end up being pages of lies. I had the same experience myself on 3 separate occasions.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
8 months 3 days ago #287195 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Work Capability Assessment interview tips
I did my daughter's WCA as her appointee. Not sure whether I had somebody with insight but it was largely painless. After checking diagnoses and medication she wanted an account of a typical day so from getting up to presumably going to bed although we didn't get that far as she said she had enough information. It tookabout thirty minutes and I got the results in just over a week including a bank holiday. Every day is groundhog day here so I found it easy to describe a typical day but it might help to have a few pointers noted down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Preferanon

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287449 by Preferanon
Replied by Preferanon on topic Work Capability Assessment interview tips
Best get it recorded I guess!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.