× Members

Being evicted from my home

More
8 months 4 days ago #287163 by Souter
Being evicted from my home was created by Souter
I know this is not your area but I was hoping you could point me to a forum group who could help.
I bought the house in 2005 on interest only. When I retired (last year 66 years )my plan was to sell the property and pay back the outstanding balance. We have been told by the Scottish government and Glasgow Council last year that this building has the cladding the most dangerous type.and no one can sell . No building society will give a loan until the cladding has been removed. This take up to 3 years. I have used all my savings, paying the £ 911 a month. along with factor charges. Is there anyone who can help me to a forum group with the same issues. I am grateful if anyone can help.
Kind regards
Teresa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 4 days ago #287169 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Being evicted from my home
Hi Souter,

Oh god, this must be awful having to go through this experience, incredibly worrying and I hope you get some advice/help soon.

I have approved your message, and hopefully anyone living in Scotland can assist with this.

I've also had a look around online for a few links, they may/may not be of any use, but you just never know, if you find time to have a scroll through them. :)

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/...rchase-advice-please

forums.landlordzone.co.uk/c/scottish-rental-legal-issues

www.mumsnet.com/talk/property/3366392-is...se-purchase-Scotland

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 months 4 days ago #287177 by Gaddy
Replied by Gaddy on topic Being evicted from my home
Hi Souter,

I would think SHELTER might be worth a call, they could perhaps direct you to groups that are in the same or similar situations and perhaps even advise you. I had a quick look on their website and there is a SHELTER in Edinburgh.
I am so sorry you find yourself in this situation,.

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Souter, LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.