× Members

pip tribunal missing documents

More
8 months 3 days ago #287199 by Olive
pip tribunal missing documents was created by Olive
Hi,

I have received the bundle from dwp for my pip tribunal appeal.

I have a few questions please:-

1) do the tribunal receive the exact same photocopies that I have received - or do they get theirs sent down on the computer system (so no ACTUAL photocopies received by the tribunal)?

2) there are 2 documents missing in my bundle, which are 2 photo's that I sent in as evidence (I sent in about 8 photo's altogether but there are 2 that are missing in my bundle).

Shall I send a copy of these 2 missing photo's to the tribunal - or will the tribunal already have these 2 "missing" photo's on their computer system? Is it best for me to send them in anyway?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 days ago #287203 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic pip tribunal missing documents
Hi Olive,
As far as I'm aware, the tribunal get sent hard copies.
Everyone should have the same paperwork.
It seems that the photos you mention have somehow been missed. I don't think you can assume that they will be with the tribunal, so play safe, and send the photos in and explain these were sent in originally and appear to have been omitted.
The bundles are normally printed as black on white with slightly greyish paper. If the colour is important this won't therefore come out when the photos are photocopied.
It may be better to change the photos to grayscale before sending - several apps will do this, or scan as grayscale and then print. This may give a better original to copy from.
You will need to send the photos/copies to the tribunal as extra evidence. Remember to include your reference number and NI number on all pages.
Have a look through the bundle, and if you haven't done so already, you may wish to send in some arguments. (Submissions.) Do you disagree with any particular parts of the assessment report/decision (or indeed all of these!) Pick a few of the major criticisms to write as 4 or 5 bullet points, give examples of why. Don't labour this, short and to the point is best!
I tend to begin a submission with a couple paragraphs of background info diagnosis, surgery what you used to be able to do before and now etc. Then include the criticisms paragraph. Finally you go through the descriptors and explain what points/score you should have been awarded and why. You can say you agree if the score was correct and then move to the next descriptor. You can refer to the photos, any medical evidence or other evidence to help clarify your arguments.
There is no legal requirement to write a submission, and certainly no need to do this again if done already. However it is a opportunity for you to explain your case now you have all the paperwork.
Good luck.
Let us know how you get on.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olive

More
8 months 2 days ago #287209 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic pip tribunal missing documents
Hi LL26,

Thank you so much for telling me all this.

Oh no, this is bad news for me then!

All my photos are colour and the copies in my bundle are all copied black/white (and they all look rubbish/blurry) I needed the colour to prove my arguements for the descriptors.

I don't know anything about grayscale -
if I print ALL my photo's off again in colour and send then to tribunal, will they then be photocopied again when they get to the tribunal building and the photocopies be added into my paperwork they have there - or will they put these new colour photo's straight into the paperwork (my bundle) for the judge to see. If you get what I mean?

Incidentally, one of the missing photo's is what I sent on my MR - and DWP rang me up and said he would change his mind and give me 2 points on that activity (originally gave me 0 points). So now my paranoid mind is telling me that maybe they left out that photo on purpose because I think it may help me with the tribunal on another activity aswell.

Thank you also for the info. regarding writing a submission aswell - I would never have known to do that.

Thank you

More
8 months 1 day ago #287229 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic pip tribunal missing documents
Hi Olive

I would submit the colored copies and put that you want the judge to see the colored versions. The others will then get the black and white versions. (Check with the Tribunal Service that they will do that. Don't leave it until the last minute to check)

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olive

More
8 months 1 day ago #287261 by Olive
Replied by Olive on topic pip tribunal missing documents
Hi BIS,

Thank you, I will send in colour photo's and do what you have said.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.