× Members

Pip tribunal and dwp telephone call.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287438 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip tribunal and dwp telephone call.
Thank you very much and I will be having a third party sitting in with us. And I will let all know how we get on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287788 by Filey
Hi, just an update on this thread. I hope everyone can see it who has replied. I had a phone call from dwp home visit department which is separate from the pip department. And he was very nice but I was also aware that he's still from the dwp etc. I told him all the info about me being appointee and he said he will just need to see my Son to clarify everything. We've just had the visit and it went extremely well . He had a woman with him who was shadowing him who was very nice and the visiting officer was lovely. Hes spoke to myself and my Son and said he will tell pip to leave things as they are and said the way pip were acting it was like because he works that means he doesn't need an appointee but clearly he does. The man saw exactly how my Son was acting and his difficulties and he was lovely with my Son, infact he was very pleasant and genuine. On the way out the man said tell your son he's done will and I can see first hand his difficulties and he said that my Son is very inquisitive and he said that can be part of his condition and the woman agreed and laughed and said my Son is lovely, bless him, she said. They were also unaware that we are going go a tribunal for pip, they were very surprised! At the last tribunal , the panel saw first hand my Sons difficulties, this home visit, again, they have sent first hand his difficulties, yet at the pip health assessments face to face , the health assessor does not see these difficulties that the others see. Isn't this absolutely amazing!!!, not! The man also said that just because my Son works full time does not mean he is not entitled to pip because he is. I just wish dwp were all like this !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
2 months 1 week ago #287804 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip tribunal and dwp telephone call.
F

Glad to hear it was not the issue you feared it to be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #287807 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Pip tribunal and dwp telephone call.
So glad to hear it went well - that's reassuring.

Best wishes for your tribunal.

Wendy Woo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Filey

More
2 months 1 week ago #287810 by Filey
Thank you. The home visit was very surprised as pip lead him to believe different and I told the home visit that I too was surprised with how the visit went as pip lead me to believe completely different. The home visit also said thst being an appointee is so much more than just cash being put in my account and he then went on to list everything which was exactly what I was going to do with him but I didn't need too, so all in all it was a positive visit. Its restored my faith a tiny bit! Thanks to all who left replies on this thread too, it has helped as I made notes of it all, so i was clued up but i didn't need the notes in the end. Thank you.

More
2 months 1 week ago #287814 by Filey
Thank you very much. 😀

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.