× Members

Registered FOR UC by mistake

More
8 months 47 minutes ago #287378 by Agis
Registered FOR UC by mistake was created by Agis
I have started filling in universal credit claim but I have not finished it. They stopped my housing benefit and now say that I had registered for universal credit and I will need to continue with a claim. Otherwise I have to fully submit the claim and place in my journal that I want to withdraw it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #287391 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Registered FOR UC by mistake
Hi Agis,

I'm no expert on this type of situation, but it sounds like they've already told you what you need to do. I claim H/Ben through UC, but also have to submit additional data to my local council every so often. My H/Ben claim was suspended only yesterday, and I believe it could be because they're getting ready for the new financial year starting April 2024, and Council Tax months Feb and March are usually none payment months (if you're paying over 10, rather than 12) - so that there's more staff to work on the one area.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.